I’m just starting this list. More to come soon!
General Organizations and Resources
- IASSIST – Professional organization for all types of data librarians. Publishes IASSIST Quarterly.
- Databrarians.org – Informal gathering of data librarians [Facebook]
- Darragh, Jen and Mooney, Hailey. Data for the Non Data Librarian. Webinar presented for Sage Publishing.
- Data webinars in the NCLA GRS Help! Series – Webinars on data brought to you by the NCLA Government Resources Section
- ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research – Provides training on data curation, data librarianship, and quantitative methods.
Research Data Management & Data Curation Resources and Organizations
- Hudson-Vitale, Cynthia; Imker, Heidi; Johnston, Lisa R.; Carlson, Jake; Kozlowski, Wendy; Olendorf, Robert; Stewart, Claire. SPEC Kit 354: Data Curation. ARL Digital Publications, 2017.
- Rice, Robin and Southall, John. The Data Librarian’s Handbook. London: Facet Publishing, 2017.
- Briney, Kristen. Data Management for Researchers. Pelagic Publishing, 2015.
- MANTRA Research Data Management Training
- Research data management and services: Resources for novice data librarians from College & Research Libraries News
- DataOne’s RDM Education Modules
- Research Data Alliance
- RDAP, Research Data Access & Preservation Summit: Annual summit hosted by ASIS&T
- Research Data Management Self-Education for Librarians: A Webliography
My Publications and Presentations on Data Librarianship
Davis, Lindsay and Kellam, Lynda. Keeping Up With … Statistical Literacy. Association of College and Research Libraries, 2017.
Kellam, Lynda and Thompson, Kristi (Eds.). Databrarianship: The Academic Data Librarian in Theory and Practice . Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2016.
Kellam, Lynda. Don’t Fear the Data. Workshop for The Innovative Library Classroom Conference in Radford, VA, 2014
Peter, Katharin and Kellam, Lynda. Data on the Run. Workshop website for the ACRL National Conference in Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
Peter, Katharin and Kellam, Lynda. “Incorporating Statistical Literacy into Information Literacy Instruction.” LOEX Quarterly, 40: 1 (2013), 2-3, 10.
Kellam, Lynda and Peter, Katharin. Numeric Data Services and Sources for the General Reference Librarian. Oxford: Chandos Publishing, 2011.