General Organizations and Resources
- IASSIST – Professional organization for all types of data librarians. Publishes IASSIST Quarterly.
- Databrarians.org – Informal gathering of data librarians [Facebook]
- Darragh, Jen and Mooney, Hailey. Data for the Non Data Librarian. Webinar presented for Sage Publishing.
- Data webinars in the NCLA GRS Help! Series – Webinars on data brought to you by the NCLA Government Resources Section
- ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research – Provides training on data curation, data librarianship, and quantitative methods.
Data Archives and Other Guides for Secondary Data Access
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
- The Odum Institute Dataverse
- CISER Data Archives for Social Science
- The Association of Religion Data Archives
- The Qualitative Data Repository
- Nature’s Recommended Data Repositories for Scientific Data
Research Data Management & Data Curation Resources and Organizations
- Hudson-Vitale, Cynthia; Imker, Heidi; Johnston, Lisa R.; Carlson, Jake; Kozlowski, Wendy; Olendorf, Robert; Stewart, Claire. SPEC Kit 354: Data Curation. ARL Digital Publications, 2017.
- Rice, Robin and Southall, John. The Data Librarian’s Handbook. London: Facet Publishing, 2017.
- Briney, Kristen. Data Management for Researchers. Pelagic Publishing, 2015.
- MANTRA Research Data Management Training
- Research data management and services: Resources for novice data librarians from College & Research Libraries News
- DataOne’s RDM Education Modules
- Research Data Alliance
- RDAP, Research Data Access & Preservation Summit: Annual summit hosted by ASIS&T
- Research Data Management Self-Education for Librarians: A Webliography
- 3 Ways to Spot a Bad Statistics – A great TED talk on evaluating data/statistics with Mona Chalabi from The Guardian
- Carleton College Library’s Search Strategies for Data Guide by Kristen Partlo – check out especially the Data Reference Worksheet
- Evaluating Large Data Sets Guide by Rutgers University Libraries
- Affelt, Amy. The Accidental Data Scientist: Big Data Applications and Opportunities for Librarians and Information Professionals. Information Today, Inc., 2015.
My Publications and Presentations on Data Librarianship
- Davis, Lindsay and Kellam, Lynda. Keeping Up With … Statistical Literacy. Association of College and Research Libraries, 2017.
- Kellam, Lynda and Thompson, Kristi (Eds.). Databrarianship: The Academic Data Librarian in Theory and Practice . Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2016.
- Kellam, Lynda. Don’t Fear the Data. Workshop for The Innovative Library Classroom Conference in Radford, VA, 2014
- Peter, Katharin and Kellam, Lynda. Data on the Run. Workshop website for the ACRL National Conference in Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Peter, Katharin and Kellam, Lynda. “Incorporating Statistical Literacy into Information Literacy Instruction.” LOEX Quarterly, 40: 1 (2013), 2-3, 10.
- Kellam, Lynda and Peter, Katharin. Numeric Data Services and Sources for the General Reference Librarian. Oxford: Chandos Publishing, 2011.